Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Feast Day!



Today is the feast day of one of my favorite saints, St. Joseph of Copertino. He was the patron saint for me and the group of my closest friends in college. He is a very interesting figure. Just a few things about him:

He is the patron saint of students and test takers. Why? He was known for being extremely unintelligent, and he miraculously passed a very important test.

He is the patron saint of pilots. Why? When he would pray, he would often get so wrapped up in the love of God that he would literally float off the ground. (Notice the picture above.)

You can read his story here, and say an extra prayer today in his name for your son and his studies.

St. Joseph of Copertino - Pray for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like St. Joseph of Copertino because I am not to bright either(and we share the same awesome name).